Listen again to Kyri at Spiritland. Set starts around 22 mins in…
Karizma’s “Beats & Bobs” series of raw beats and basement edits continues with the first guest appearance from the UK’s one and only Atjazz.
Atjazz needs no introduction having provided us with exceptional productions since the mid nineties, this time flipping two jazz classics into modern dance floor killers.
Check it here
FRIDAY 16 OCTOBER // 18:00 - 05:00 ROSE’S CANTINA (Reguliersdwarsstraat 38) / AMSTERDAM *** FREE ENTRANCE ***
R2 Records are back at ADE, this time joining forces with BRIGHTER DAYS for another session of family vibes.
▬▬▬ R2 RECORDS (Upstairs) ▬▬▬
+ SPECIAL GUESTS
▬▬▬ BRIGHTER DAYS (Downstairs) ▬▬▬
ERIC VAN HOLLAND
+ MYSTERY GUEST
Piscean Group recorded “Ferguson, Amurikah” in the aftermath of events in Ferguson, Missouri 2014.
The full length version is available exclusively here
All proceeds from this track will be donated to Artists As Tutors, an organisation helping young students in the Ferguson – Florissant school district, providing supplemental education assistance as well as sharing skills in music, visual art, creative writing and theatre.
For more information go to artistsastutors.org
French Canadian, San Francisco based DJ/Producer Fred Everything has been in the business for over 20 Years with a discography of over 200 releases on some of the best labels in the world – including Lazy Days, Om, 2020 Vision, Freerange, Defected, Get Physical, Local Talk, Drumpoet Community, Buzzing Fly, Soma, Strictly Rhythm and Compost.
A staple in the Deep House world way before the current rise in its popularity, Fred is known for his versatility and tight production, shining as much when working with full vocals as well as stripped down dubs.
This compilation features some of Fred’s best Remixes of the past few years, including artists like Jazzanova, Atjazz, Christian Prommer, Miguel Migs feat. Meshell Ndgeocello, Art Of Tones, Kruse & Nuernberg, plus a previously unreleased remix of Alex Barck’s (Jazzanova) “Automatique”.
- Miguel Migs feat. Meshell Ndegeocello “Tonight” (Fred Everything Lazy Vox)
- Nacho Marco “Midnight Man” (Fred Everything Vox)
- Jazzanova feat. Paul Randolph “I Human” (Fred Everything Expression)
- Kruse & Nuernberg “People Like Us” (Fred Everything Re-Do)
- Christian Prommer & Bugsy feat. Jinadu “Future Lights” (Fred Everything Lazy Vox)
- Yousef feat. Alexander East “Think Twice” (Fred Everything Remix)
- Art Of Tones feat. Jaw “Call The Shots” (Fred Everything Lazy Vox)
- Atjazz feat. Clyde “I Forgot You” (Fred Everything Lazy Vox))
- Alex Barck “Automatic Systematique” (Fred Everything Re-Works Exclusive)
- Deux Tigres “Butterfly” (Fred Everything Remix)
- Marc DePulse ft. Hollis P Monroe & Overnite “No Need To Worry” (Fred Everything Lazy Vox)
- Flowers & Sea Creatures “AM” (Fred Everything Stripped Mix)
Releast Date: 15th June 2015
Check out the album with this interactive video
Yup, it’s that time again – how the year has flown by.
Here are some dates for all you party people out there…
– This Saturday 29th is the return of our all vinyl session Crates at Brilliant Corners.
Special guest Spence (Beat Routes) and kyri r2 running jazz, soul, funk, boogie bangers till 2am on the lovely system.
As always there’s great Japanese food and a fantastically stocked bar available. Free entry.
– Friday 5th December is “In TeRLaceD” @ NOMAD where kyri r2 will join the wonderful Soul Mates crew for a deep and dirt heavy house session.
FB event deets here
– Sunday 14th December – BBE & R2 Xmas Jam. Pete BBE digs in his very deep crates for a rare vinyl set at Brilliant Corners. 4pm-Midnight. Free Entry.
– Saturday 20th December – “4 To The Floor” House vs Hustle Christmas Special. Last chance to dance before London shuts down for a few days.
Residents Eddie Boi & djsoulprovyder joined by kyri r2, Matt LS & Jamsey with a live dance showcase.
– NYE – Take Me To Bed is back a Bedroom Bar featuring a host of residents including kyri r2. Early Bird £5 tickets available here!
Hope to see you on a dance floor soon!
Karizma’s “Beats & Bobs” series of raw beats and basement edits continues with 2 more killah kuts from the Karizma vaults.
Klearkut has the trademark steady yet infectious build up of groove that Karizma works so well, overlaid with multi-textured percussive and melodic stabs and flows. Part house, electronic, afro, tech – it’s essentially impossible to categorize.
Earth These Beats sees Karizma return to beat-workout-tool territory with this 10 minute exploration of the many ways to flip a beat. Hypnotic bliss.
Available at all good digital platforms from 27th October 2014.
Sy Sez has been steadily building his reputation as a DJ, producer and radio presenter on the soul and house scene for the last few years.
“Send Me High” sees Sy step back from the four to the floor house style to provide a delicious mid-tempo soul burner featuring Phoenix Pearle on vocals and hotly tipped newcomer Henry Wu on keys. The result is modern UK soul at it’s best.
Sy’s Dub strips away the vocal and let’s Henry loose on the keys for the full dubbed out London vibe.
If that wasn’t enough, Karizma slips into his Kaytronik mode on the Hydro Mix to provide a full electronic workout, complete with signature rugged beats and funked-up groove that will burn a hole in any dance-floor. The Hydromental Mix is also included for those that want to keep riding that groove.
Finally, we also include the Original Demo mix – highlighting the song’s original dub-soul-house feeling to complete the package.
Available from 13th October 2014 on all good digital platforms.
Check it out here…
“Beats & Bobs” is a new series of raw beats and basement edits from the Karizma vaults. Road tested and used to destroy the world’s dance floors by Karizma as exclusives, he’s finally ready to set them free for all those that have asked, “where can I get that???”
Volume 1 kicks off the series with “Bounce B*” an explosive bouncing groove built to dispel all negative forces and ill vibes.
“Tech This Out” (Kaytronik Dub) sees Karizma revisit this classic to provide a teched out dub workout – to devastating effect.
Finally, “K to the P” has Karizma delving into the Hip-Hop Mash-Up crate to round off Vol.1 nicely.
Release Date: Monday 21st July
For free ringtones of the tracks email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the tracks here: